PLEASE NOTE: Sent faxes are only kept for 15 days. Inbound faxes are retained until they are deleted in the portal.
To send a fax from the vFax portal,
1. Login to your PBX portal at https://portal.mylucidpbx.com
2. Click on the Fax button in the top navigation (please note, if you have a manager role, you will need to click your name in the upper right-hand corner and select My Account first)
2. Click the Send Fax button on the Fax Inbox page.
Note: Sent faxes are only kept for 15 days.
Step by Step Instructions to Send a Fax:
- Click the Send Fax button.
- Choose the appropriate Cover Page option:
- Compose - This option will allow you to enter the text that will be sent as a cover page.
- File - This option will allow you to choose a file which will be sent as a cover page. The system accepts the following files formats for the cover page: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Choose a file to be faxed. The system accepts the following files formats for the fax document: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Select the Caller ID number that you wish to appear on the outbound fax.
- Enter the phone number of the fax recipient in the Phone Number field. 10 or 11 digit phone numbers are accepted but not 7 digits.
- Click the Send button
- When the fax is accepted by the Fax Server, a notification message will be displayed.
vFax Caller ID
When sending a fax from the vFax Portal, the your fax number is shown in the header of the fax document that is sent. It is not possible to show the your fax number in the actual caller ID of the call to the receiver's fax machine. The Caller ID number selected by you will be inserted in the header of the fax document.
Once a fax is uploaded to the fax server for delivery, it will be placed into an outgoing job queue for delivery. The fax server will try to deliver the fax up to 6 attempts. If the fax is not delivered after the 6 attempts, the job will be aborted. Common reasons for non-delivery of faxes include busy numbers and humans answering the destination fax line. You will receive a notification stating the status of the fax.
Notification regarding the status of sent faxes will be placed into the Sent Folder of the Fax page (sent fax notifications will NOT be emailed to the PBX User).
Note: Send/Receive Fax limit: 20Mb or 100 pages (whichever comes first).