To make sure your invoices look complete and professional, we suggest following these couple steps.
1. On the Settings page, we suggest making sure your company name, address, phone number, email address and website address (if you have one) are filled in and accurate, as these will be used on the invoice.
2. Staying on the Settings page, under the Invoicing Settings, you will see the 3 input areas, as pictured below.
- The Next Invoice Number is automatically set for you, but you can change this, if needed. This field must be only numbers and we suggest not going beyond 8 digits.
- Next, upload your own company logo in the Upload Invoice Logo area. This can be a png, jpg, jpeg or gif image. The logo must be no more than 300px in width and the height should be proportional to the width. Once the logo in uploaded, create a PDF invoice to see what it will look like.
- Last, you will find the Invoice Message text area. This message will be automatically added to the Notes area of every invoice. This is automatically prefilled with "We appreciate your business!", as shown below. You can change this, leave it or remove it, so it is blank. No more than 255 characters long. So, for example, if you have a strict return/refund policy, you can place that policy here so it is placed on every invoice for customer to see.
3. Staying on the Settings page, under the Custom Appointment Fields section, if you want to use the custom appointment fields on the invoice, you will need to make sure they are accurately name. Also, if you want them to show on the invoice, you must make sure the Custom Field X Visible field is set to Yes. You do not have to use all 3. You can make 1, 2 or 3 fields visible. For example, if you only need 2 custom fields, set custom field 1 and 2 to visible and set custom field 3 to not visible.
That's it, you are ready to start creating invoices!